Re: server grabs and rubber banding - what to use ?

Paul Barton-Davis <pbd@Op.Net> writes:

> given that there seems to be no interface to XGrabServer, if I want to
> use GDK_XOR to do rubber-banding, how do I grab the server to ensure
> that the redraw does the right thing ?

  #include <gdk/gdkx.h>

  XGrabServer (GDK_DISPLAY());
    [...]
  XUngrabServer (GDK_DISPLAY());
  gdk_flush();                      /* Important !!!! */

Since XGrabServer is low level and extremely X specific, there
isn't too much of a compelling reason to wrap it in GDK.

Regards,
                                        Owen