Resizing of windows

Hello

I used to display images using gdk_imlib (very fine stuff, thanks
to raster).  At first my program used only gdk.  Resizing of a
window (for instance using the mouse to move one corner) worked
as expected, that the whole image was fitting the window.

Now I build a gtk+ menue-system around my program.  Now the
result of resizing is, that only one portion of the image is displayed
if I make the window smaller but if I enlarge the window
the image is repeated (partially) to fit the window.

How to get back the old (whished) behaviour?

Kind regards

       Andreas.