how to reparent tree_item ?

I tried to implement reparenting tree_item by DnD and found some problems.
I could not find neat solution for following problems.

1. Subtree is not a child of tree_item, so reparenting tree_item does not
   do for subtree.
   (In fact, subtree is the child of parent tree, but there is no API for
    tree widget reparenting it's subtree)

2. In reparent process, tree_item is removed from old tree widget, then
   added to new tree widget. If tree_item is only child of old tree, old
   tree is removed and it's xwindow is destroyed. At this moment,
   tree_item is not reparented to new tree, so xwindow of tree is destroyed
   because XDestroyWindow destroyes all sub-windows.

Does anyone know how to reparent tree_item ?

Thanks,

                                  -Takashi Matsuda
                                   matsu@arch.comp.kyutech.ac.jp