Re: [gtk-list] Re: announce: yet another gtk+ C++ wrapper (no caps as

Ionut Borcoman at home <borco@mailbox.ro> writes:

> I think Andy made a point. I think that wrapper over wrapper over
> wrapper ... can just diminish the performance of the programs.

Not if done properly, this is C++, not C, instead of adding another
layer, you derive a class and override only what you need. Performance
loss can be negligeable, and this is a much less of an issue with GUIs
anyway since all you want is to have something fast enough for the
user's perception. The overall performance of VDK rewritten over Gtk--
would still be an order of magnitude faster than the Perl or Guile
wrapper.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent