Re: [gtk-list] Re: announce: yet another gtk+ C++ wrapper (no caps as

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Karl Nelson wrote:

>...  (can anyone tell me how the signal frame
>differs from VDK to Gtk--?)

In few word the VDK side: VDK uses a static early binding template table where
it looks up at run time. Tables are inherited down the hierarchy and look up
algorithm is a straight teta(n) recursive one. Trivial benchmarks on my P 200
Mhz showed a teta(1) performance in almost all cases, (roughly about  500
signals/events catched, mapped and answered per sec but i should investigate
more..) Speed and simplicity should and have to go togheter, that's a target for
me.
Gtk-- side: i guess that follows Gtk+ route binding  member function offset
address with real run-time object address in order to have the correct absolute
address at runtime. But gtk-- makers can know better than me the internals.

>--Karl
friendly
Mario Motta
AI Research Group - Rimini