Re: Can't write to unmapped (unrealized) text widget

beach@ataman.com writes:

> Why is it that I can't write to an unrealized text widget?  Is this a
> feature?  :) If the text widget is a data-structure for holding text
> as well as a widget on the screen, doesn't it make sense to want to
> add data to the text widget when it is not on the screen?
>
> (using Gtk+-1.0.5)

It has to do with the fact that the Text widget needs the
widget->style field to be initialized so it can get the
default colors and fonts.

But in short:

 - You'll need realize the text widget with 1.0, sorry.
 - It has been fixed in the devel branch, so you won't need
   to in 1.2.

Regards,
                                        Owen