Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problem compiling GTK/Perl 0.2.04 on solaris (UPDATE)

Thanks to everyone who responded to this (Kenneth Albanowski, David
Monniaux).  I did successfully compile GTK/Perl 0.3 actually on
Solaris 2.51 with
perl 5.004_04.  I had to recompile Perl with the
-fPIC option.  Once I did that, the Makefile generated for GTK/Perl
automatically contained -fPIC (without any hacking) and everything
worked fine.

I'd like to post this on a newsgroup as well so other
people can find it with DejaNews or whatever.  What
is the proper newsgroup for GTK stuff?  I've been using
comp.os.linux.x but that doesn't seem quite right.

Thanks again

-Moe