clipboard

Hi,

are there any plans to implement a clipboard in
GTK? I know that there are selections and I know
what they do, but this doesn't do what a normal
clipboard does. If I haven't misunderstood the
selection system, then the selection is lost as
soon as you highlight some text in an entry field
somewhere, which seems to be too dangerous for
a normal application. I'd like to mark something,
press "Copy", go on working on that text (including
marking parts of it for changing font size) and
then press "Paste", possibly in another application,
to get the text from the clipboard. I assume this
to be what 95% of the users expect to happen.

  Robert Roebling