Re: Gtk--: gcc2.7.2 abandoned?

On 27-Oct-98 Guillaume Laurent wrote:
>Kevin Cozens <kcozens@interlog.com> writes:
>
>> Is gcc 2.8.x any (or much) better at compiling C++ code? Also, how does
>> egcs fare at this?
>
>gcc 2.8 is better but reportedly still has a lot of problems.
>
>Use egcs 1.1b.

Well, probably this is off-topic, but is there any binary rpm version
of egcs 1.1b on the net? I was searching but I only found the sources, and
months ago I tried compiling it and it took something like 5 hours
(yes, I know, my machine is a dinosaur, in a few weeks I'll have a new one...)

Well, anyway, happy coding,

Oliver
E-Mail: Oliver Freyd <freyd@uni-muenster.de>
Date: 29-Oct-98