gtk_widget_set_sensitive question

If you use gtk_widget_set_sensitive to make a container widget insensitive
that should make all the widgets in the container insensitive, right?

I have a table with labels and spin buttons in it.  When I make the table
insensitive only the labels turn "greyed-out."  The spin buttons, no longer
respond to use input, but do not turn greyed out like I have seen in other gtk
applications.

I there something I am missing about the operation of gtk_widget_set_sensitive?

--
"I live the way I type; fast, with a lot of mistakes."

tod.