Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK eval: internationalization and drag/drop

On 27 Oct 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:

> s/1.x.x/1.0.x/. The DND API has been completely replaced in the 1.1.x
> development branch.
>
> For the 1.1.x DND API, see gtk/testdnd.c and:
>
>  http://www.labs.redhat.com/~otaylor/dnd-api.txt
>
> The new API is much nicer and more powerful to use (IMHO), and the new
> code supports the Xdnd and Motif protocols.  Converting from one to
> the other isn't all that difficult in general.

I'm only able to take a brief look at this... is there support for
"drag_enter" and "drag_leave" signals? It's fairly important (IMO) to make
the usual widgets support visual indication of being drop-receptive.

(If you've not seen the Mac, it works like this: when you drag something
that can receive it, an aqua ring shows up inside the border of the
target, instead of the cursor changing to an "X", or somesuch.)