Re: [gtk-list] Re: CList button selections

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Lars Hamann wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 04:42:12PM -0400, Rostedt, Steven wrote:
> > You're right, I'm using gtk+ 1.0.6
> >
> > I've always been annoyed with Motif in its way of making it difficult to
> > set which button you prefer to perform the selection.
> >
> > I haven't looked at gtk+ 1.1.x, but can you change which button to perform
> > the selections? (a mask to set a policy (default to first button))
>
> No, that's currently impossible. If we really want such functionality,
> we (Tim ? ;) have to write a mechanism similar to key bindings, which are
> also new in gtk+ 1.1. So the user can decide which button to use.

hm, i think that would be overkill configuration wise ;)

maybe GtkCList should provide a sophisticated interface for this, ala

typedef enum
{
  GTK_BUTTON_IGNORED    = 0,
  GTK_BUTTON_SELECTS    = 1 << 0,
  GTK_BUTTON_UNSELECTS  = 1 << 1,
  GTK_BUTTON_DRAGS      = 1 << 2,
} GtkButtonFlags;

gtk_clist_set_button_actions (GtkCList            *clist,
                              GtkButtonActionType  button1_actions,
                              GtkButtonActionType  button2_actions,
                              GtkButtonActionType  button3_actions);

just an idea... ;)