Re: [gtk-list] Re: How can I syncronize two entries?

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > how can I syncronize two entries?  When I call gtk-entry-set-text for
> > entry2 in the the callback for the "changed" signal of entry1 a
> > "changed" signal for entry2 is emitted.  This emittes again the
> > "changed" signal for entry1.  This goes for a while and in the end
> > crashes Gtk.  Does a gtk-entry-set-text exist, that does not emmit a
> > "changed" signal.  Or is it possible to stop the emmision of "changed"
> > signals for a widget temporary?
> >

> I usually end up with a flag like "changing_stuff" and my normal "changed"
> callbacks return immediately if true. Ugly but it works.

In most cases you get away by testing if a value really changed in your
signal handler. In some occasions, though (wenn a test would be expensive
or impossible because you don't keep "local" copies of the value in your
program), I use gtk_signal_handler_block_by_func().

--
michael krause [aka raw style / lego] - www.tu-harburg.de/~semk2104/