Re: [gtk-list] How can I syncronize two entries?

//Hi,

Hi,

//how can I syncronize two entries?  When I call gtk-entry-set-text for
//entry2 in the the callback for the "changed" signal of entry1 a
//"changed" signal for entry2 is emitted.  This emittes again the
//"changed" signal for entry1.  This goes for a while and in the end
//crashes Gtk.  Does a gtk-entry-set-text exist, that does not emmit a
//"changed" signal.  Or is it possible to stop the emmision of "changed"
//signals for a widget temporary?

Use strcmp (or your favorite scheme equivalent) to check if the strings in the
two entries are different, and only call gtk-entry-set-text if they're actually
different. By the way, shouldn't gtk-entry-set-text check if the new text is
different, and only emit the changed signal if it's really different?

Just my two bits,

Johannes.
--
"FLASH!  Intelligence of mankind decreasing.  Details at ... uh, when
 the little hand is on the ...." -- Jarek Luberek

How do I connect to that real-life thing I keep hearing about?