Re: [gtk-list] Gtk+ and Printing

> Does any one have any advice on printing in Gtk+?
> I have stuff (mostly text, but with different fonts) that I'm drawing to a
> drawing area widget, and I want
> to print it.  Should I generate PostScript code?  Latex?
> Tex?  Does gnome have anything that might help here?

 Well, gnome currently have an printing api going, but if you don't want to
use that the normal way is to generate postscript.

 If you're working on a GPL project you can use some code from by program
'Dia' (it's in the gnome cvs tree). It has an abstract 'Renderer' interface
with one  implementation that draw to gtk-pixmaps/drawingareas and one that
generates postscript files. Other renderers can easily be written and plugged
in.

/ Alex