Re: [gtk-list] Re: Was : Why is gtk+ written in C? - portability?

> I thought this thread had died, but apparently not...

It turned into a discussion of proper use of ANSI STANDARD "C" versus
using compiler-specific extensions which undermine the portability of
"portable" code. This is VERY important to gtk, and I think it is
important to increase awareness of these issues.

> Can we make it so?

Just because gtk compiles fine with your compiler doesn't mean it's not
a problem.

-Paul

--
Paul T. Miller                | paul@elastic.avid.com
Principal Engineer            | Opinions expressed here are my own.