Re: [gtk-list] Re: Ok, what's wrong with GtkEntry...

On 19 Oct 1998, Dave Cole wrote:

> Scott> I've set up a style in my rc file to tell all GtkEntry widgets
> Scott> to have a certain background color.  I've put it in all five
> Scott> possible states.  The widget DOES respond to some of these, and
> Scott> it DOES respond to the font I have set, but it INSISTS on a
> Scott> white background for the entry, which is unacceptable.  Doing a
> Scott> gdb on it reveals that in fact it the 'normal' BG is getting
> Scott> reset somehow.  What's going on?  This is the only widget type
> Scott> that I've found so far that ignores my orders.  How do I make
> Scott> it do what I want?
>
> Try using the BASE style instead of the BG for the GtkEntry.  That one
> works for me.

thanks, that works perfectly!

Note to gtk maintainers - this is NOT documented anywhere that I can see.
If I'm mistaken, please tell me where this is documented...?

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@turbolinux.com>
               <sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)