Ok, what's wrong with GtkEntry...

I've set up a style in my rc file to tell all GtkEntry widgets to have a
certain background color.  I've put it in all five possible states.  The
widget DOES respond to some of these, and it DOES respond to the font I
have set, but it INSISTS on a white background for the entry, which is
unacceptable.  Doing a gdb on it reveals that in fact it the 'normal' BG
is getting reset somehow.  What's going on?  This is the only widget type
that I've found so far that ignores my orders.  How do I make it do what I
want?

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@turbolinux.com>
               <sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)