Re: [gtk-list] Re: window manager communication

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 raster@redhat.com wrote:

> On 19 Oct, Scott Stone scribbled:
> ->
> ->  Is there anyway to explicitly have a gtk window created WITH a titlebar?
> ->  ie, i'm making an app whose main window should NOT have a titlebar, but
> ->  several of its subwindows SHOULD.  Is there any way to do this?
>
> no - there is no way of doing this. I have considered providing hintsin
> E to allow this but to date I havent' implimented anythign of the sort.
> whatever the solution it wont be window manager independant.

The hell you say! :)  I just figured out how to do it.  Admittedly, I
haven't tried this in all windowmanagers, and I may be doing something
different than what you're trying to do, but... If I use
gtk_window_set_wmclass and change the ID to something other than the app
name given to my window manager (Afterstep in this case) to exclude
decorations on, it puts the decorations there.  If I leave the wmclass
alone, it behaves as per my window manager settings.  So, problem solved
:)  Don't know if it helps you or not, though.

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@turbolinux.com>
               <sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)