Re: [gtk-list] Gtk-- Build problems with gnome-- libs

Brent Briggs <briggsjb@cs.unca.edu> writes:
> When I build Gtk-- I have no trouble until I get to the gnome section.
> Then I get errors that look like this.
> -fPIC -DPIC color-picker.cc
> ./../color-picker.gen_h: In function `static void
> Gnome_ColorPicker::cpp_class_init(struct _GnomeColorPickerClass *,
>  struct Gnome_c_signals_ColorPicker *)':
> In file included from color-picker.cc:4:
> ./../color-picker.gen_h:70: assignment to `void (*)(_GnomeColorPicker *,
> unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, u
> nsigned int)' from `void (*)(_GnomeColorPicker *, int, int, int, int)'
> ./../color-picker.gen_h:71: assignment to `void (*)(_GnomeColorPicker *,
> int, int, int, int)' from `void (*)(_GnomeC
> olorPicker *, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'

this looks like the interface for some signal has been changed (err,
your gnome has the interface different than in gtk-- knows about)

The solution is to fix the signature of the signal. (obviously
your version of gnome uses unsigned ints and gtk-- thinks they're ints..)

hmm, how is it in newest gnome? (looks to be guint's in the only
signal in that colorpicker file, like its in current gtk-- from cvs)

> Help please!

just fix the signature like its in your gnome.

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --