Re: [gtk-list] Problem with Gtk-0.3

On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 09:12:42PM -0400, Pete Peterson wrote:
> I installed gtk 1.0.6 and Gtk-0.3 and ran the tests and everything appeared
> normal.  When I tried PhotoShow, however, I got a complaint:
>   'Can't locate object method "init" via package "Gtk::Gdk::ImlibImage"'
> Checking the web page for PhotoShow said that this error meant:
>   Make sure Perl/Gtk was configured with the --with-gdkimlib option.
>
> I tried that and got the results shown below.
>
> "updatedb" and "locate" confirmed that gdk_imlib.h was nowhere to be found on the machine.

You need to install the gdkimlib library, look for imlib-something.tar.gz
on ftp.gnome.org, make and install, or use the precompiled lib
for your distribution: in Debian this is as easy as

apt-get install gdk-imlib-dev

lupus

--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
    - _The UNIX Programmer's Manual_, Second Edition, June, 1972.