Re: [gtk-list] Re: Why is gtk+ written in C?

Just couldn't let this obvious inconsistency pass me by...

Paul Miller starts by pointing out:

//(and the only time it pisses me off is when we upgrade our
//VC++ compiler and it breaks half the language - but that's a different
//topic).

And then he says:

//HUGE benefit: code would actually be MORE portable.

So, Paul, you admit that even two versions of the same compiler don't compile the same code at all (let alone have the executable behave the same way), but still you think that C++ is more portable than C? Isn't compiling the same code under different compilers one of the preconditions of portability?

Just wondering,

Johannes.
--
Life is complex. It has real and imaginary components.

Virtually researching virtual behaviour in a virtual world.