Re: [gtk-list] Re: misc gtk mis-understandings

   > That sounds like pointer corruption to me. Strange things can
   > happen when you
   > have corrupted pointers or memory. Have you tried running with
   > electricfence or
   > ccmalloc? They work for me when I have problems like that.

   Can you describe how you compile/run a program to work with these.
   I think it should be part of the GTK docs.

Electric Fence is asonishingly easy to use, and very helpful.  You
just download, compile, and link with the library.  It takes care of
everything from there.  I'm sorry I don't have the URL handy, but I
think I found it with a search at www.linux.org.

There's no reason for it to be in the GTK docs, any more than how to
install libc or a C compiler.  It's a general-purpose programming tool.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002