Re: [gtk-list] Why is gtk+ written in C?

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Eric Harlow wrote:

> One of the questions I got asked is "Why is gtk+ written in C?"  This
> was asked because widgets in gtk "inherit" the capability of other
> widgets and it seems natural to think of it in terms of C++.  Not
> having been through the original thinking and design, I was wondering
> if someone could give me a brief (or not so brief) reason why it's
> written in C instead of C++.
Besides the technical answers you will get for sure my personal humble
opinion is that it is very interesting what is possible to do in
C.  Im very happy to have this kind of an object oriented thing whithout
having to switch to C++.  It was a great decision to use plain C.

Regards

        Andreas.