Minimizing/iconizing and maximizing/restoring window

How do you minimize or maximize a window using GTK? I've skimmed
through the sources (both 1.0 and 1.1) but it seems to be
unimplemented.

Specifically, I'm trying to write a program that deiconize itself
(and possibly taking focus, depending on WM) after an event has
occured. Currently using Gtk (the Perl bindings).

--
 |)        Ang Chin Han <angch@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>       sza|)
 |)ee  SMCH '94 page: http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~angch/     |
perl -e '$_=" "x4;for $a(split//,"Japhuneasorcttlk:h:e:e:r:r:::")\
{s/:*~/ /g&push @j,$_ until s/ /$a~/}print join("-->\n",@j),"\n";'