Re: [gtk-list] Re: padding on buttons w/text

//"Damon Chaplin" <DAChaplin@email.msn.com> wrote:
//>
//>   button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("Hello World");
//>   gtk_misc_set_padding (GTK_MISC (GTK_BUTTON (button)->child)), 20,
//> 10)
//
//Damon,
//
//Best solution I've seen; way better than the pile of widgets I was
//having at.  I was not aware that you could generically refer to a child
//widget like that.

That depends on what you mean with 'refer to a child widget like that'. Button
widgets allow you to access their child widget like that (GTK_BUTTON (button)->
child). If you create the button with gtk_button_new_with_label, then, not very
surprisingly, the child you access that way is a GTK_LABEL widget. Label
widgets are descendents (classwise) of GTK_MISC widgets. Misc widgets (and
therefor labels) allow you to set the padding like that.

Regards,

Johannes.
--
`#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb))' - Shakespeare.

Bibliovorous chocophiliac.