Re: [sad ale org: gtk compile error on HP-UX]

M> Below is a problem I have while trying to compile latest gtk stuff
M> on HP-UX 10.20 Anybody have any idea what is going on? I looked at
M> the code in the areas it is complaining about and it is having a
M> prob with a GTK_BLAH_Next thing. I don't have the sources here at
M> home or I would include the offending lines...

Right.  I remember this.  The problem is that

#define GTK_CTREE_NODE_NEXT(_nnode_) ((GtkCTreeNode *)(((GList
 *)(_nnode_))->next))

It is technically illegal in ANSI C to put casts on the left side of
an =.  (That is, casts do not create an lvalue.  ISO/IEC 9899:1990
S6.3.4.)  Most compilers allow this to work, but not HPUX's.

Unfortunately, these casts seemed pretty common back when I looked at
things and I don't know a good way to fix the above.  That's when I
gave up.  (I was subsequently moved to DUX, which works fine.)

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
That does not compute.