CList size allocation

Hello!

I don't really understand the working of ScrolledWindow. In my opinion a
ScrolledWindow widget is used to pack a big widget into it if the widget
is too large to display, or if the widget will grow in the future.
Yesterday I hacked the CList code to allocate all the space horizontally
that required to show all the columns in it. I did it because in my app I
use a CList without scrollbars. I thought the new CList will work in a
scrolled window even if it allocates more space. But when I started
testgtk, I saw that the CList-example pops up in a very large window.

My question is: I thought that I commit my changes to CVS, but it don't
work. I would like to know, if the problem can be solved, or should I
manually set the size of all CLists in my application. Is it really a
bug, or just I have misunderstood something?

Thanx
	$zilu