Getting scrollbar position in CList and other things

Hi *,

  Before the real question... why is it that a CLIST with the
horizontal scrollbar policy set to AUTOMATIC doesn't show
the scrollbar even if the CList width is not enough to show
the whole thing? I had to set it to ALWAYS for it to work
properly. This is in 1.0.6. [QUESTION #1]

 Now the meaty question... I am trying to 'approximately fix'
the position of my vscrollbar (on a CList widget) so that after
I do the *clist_clear() I can reposition the vscrollbar to
more or less the same place. I looked in the tutorials and in
the reference and the header files and can't find anything
remotely related :-( so late at night (was about 1:30AM) I
had to resort to X-raying the class hierarchy and apply
GTK_* casts to supposedly obtain what I needed. It was very
late so I couldn't continue but I believe I was *close*
but not yet there. Basically this was the X-ray...

      CList->vscrollbar->scrollbar->range->adjustment

I don't know if that will work but even if it does I don't
believe that getting it to work by knowing the internals
(and probably private members) is a good idea. Is there
an easier way? a gtk_clist_get_vadjustment(GTK_CLIST(clist));
would be nice I think, but I need a workaround now. [QUESTION #2]

And last... I heard that clist_set_policy() no longer exists
in v1.1.5, how am I suppose to set the scrollbar policy on
a Clist when the next stable version (1.2) comes around?

any help is greatly appreciated.

		TIA,
                   Emilio
--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands