Re: [gtk-list] Gnome applet example

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon wrote:
>    Anybody has any idea how to make (skeleton) a GNOME applet?
> those little icon-sized applications that get swallowed by
> the bar in case somebody wonders. In particular I am interested
> in the GTK aspects.

Well, about 20 of them come with the Gnome panel, so those are good
examples.:-) They are mostly very small apps. The Fish is a good example,
probably 100 lines of code or so, and written by George the panel author.

(Do you want to write an applet, or just do an applet-type-thing in pure
Gtk? If the latter GtkPlug and GtkSocket are probably appropriate, they
were just moved to Gtk from Gnome.)

Havoc