RE: [gtk-list] A dumb question about gtk_widget_destroy().

> Hi!
> It must be a really dumb question but... Here is a piece of code from
> testgtk (from 1.0.5):

	"the only dumb question is the one that is not asked"

>   button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("close");
>   gtk_signal_connect_object (GTK_OBJECT (button), "clicked",
>                              GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_widget_destroy),
>                              GTK_OBJECT (window));
>
> However, looking at gtkwidget.h, I see that gtk_widget_destroy() only has
> one argument, so the above piece of code should destroy the button
> itself, not the whole window. It does exactly that when I program it
> like this, but it works in testgtk.

	The gtk_signal_connect_object is different from the
	gtk_signal_connect.

	The callback prototype is
	      void callback_func ( GtkObject *object)
	where the object is the last parameter of the
	gtk_signal_connect_object.

	gtk_signal_connect would pass the button.