Re: [gtk-list] Re: static link w/gtk

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Matt Rosencrantz wrote:
> > I have written a utility app in gtk, and now I am trying to give a copy to
> > my brother, however, he cannot install the gtk libs on his machine.  So, I
> > would like to link the g* libs statically.
>
> ./configure --disable-shared

That's fine and dandy if you want to waste time by compiling only static
libs.  By default, both static & shared libs are built so there should be
an easy way to use the static libs.  Since gtk-config is used to give the
cflags and link options, it should also be able to give the user the
proper flags to link only the gtk libs statically if the gtk package has
been configured to use static libs.

- cls