Re: [gtk-list] Re: [dreed capital edu: size of entry and combos]

> On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Dave Reed wrote:
> >
> > I posted this earlier today with no reponse so maybe some more details
> > are needed.  I have a horizontal box that I want to put a number of
> > entry and combo widgets in; however, I don't want them all to be the
> > same width.
>
> You need to set the homogeneous parameter to gtk_hbox_new to FALSE, then

Did that.

> you probably need to set_usize on the entries/combos (keeping in mind user
> resizes of the window, and small/large screens...)

I was hoping to avoid set_usize because of the screen problem - I was
hoping there was something along the Motif lines (5 years ago I
programmed in Motif) of specifying that the first one took up 10% of
the space, the next 20%, etc.  Can this be done?

> Havoc

Thanks.

Dave