Re: [gtk-list] Re: Memory leaks in glib from GTK+ 1.0.6

On 20 Nov 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:

> This is completely intentional. The idea is that over time,
> the number of GList nodes that a application will use is
> approximately constant. So, instead of taking the overhead
> to constantly malloc and free the list nodes, once a
> list node is freed, it is just added onto a global free-list
> for future use.
Yes, I understand this idea and think it is good.  But possibly it would
make sense to support a function, may be only for the sake of
debugging, which frees this pointers.

I think it is a known problem, that there are hundreds of
memory_leaks after a typical GTK+ application.  Handling the
*known* unfreed pointers would help finding some, which aren't
intentional, for instance these inside gmessages.c.  By the way
I didn't heard any attempt to fix these simple ones in a future
release.  How can I check, whether bug-reports, which were send
to this list are handled?

Kind regards

          Andreas.