Re: [gtk-list] GTK compile woes!

"Steven L. Sesar" wrote:

> I have tried to compile gtk+-1.1.3 from ftp.gtk.org & snapshots from
> ftp.jimpick.com. Here is the error message that I get with both packages:
>
>  .libs/libgtk.so: undefined reference to 'g_module_supported'
>  'g_module_error'
>  'g_module_make_resident'
>  'g_module_close'
>  'g_module_name'
>  'g_module_symbol'
>  'g_module_open'
>
> Can anyone give me a clue as to what's wrong here? Obviously, it's my
> configuration of something.
>
> --

yeah, i had this same problem. for some reason my Makefile did not
add libgmodule to the link instruction. you need to add '-lgmodule'
to the line in the Makefile that does the linking. where i can't
remember.
look at the command called that produces the error and find the
line in the makefile that has the same '-lxxxxx' as the called command
and add '-lgmodule' to that line. then 'make' again. sorry i can't
explain
the process better but i know very little of programming...

hth.
brent