Re: [gtk-list] Key press event in drawing area

On 11/18/98 Guzma Vladimir uttered the following other thing:
> Hi all
> I want to have drawing area with something write in it and I need to get key pres even for this
> Ho to get them??

You have to both allow the events, and set up a handler for the keypress
event, something like:

da = gtk_drawing_area_new ();
/* some code to place da */
/* Connect your callback to the signal */
gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (da), "key_press_event",
                    (GtkSignalFunc) keypress_callback, NULL);
/* Unmask the signal */
/* You'll probably want to or this with the other events you want,
 * typically you should grab the GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK as well for a drawing
 * area */
gtk_widget_set_events (da, GDK_KEY_PRESS_MASK | GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK);
gtk_widget_show (da);

Then, you define your callback like:
gint entry_callback (GtkWidget *w, GdkEventKey *event, gpointer data)
{
  g_print ("-I- Key Press %s\n", event->string);
}

Brandon
--
Brandon Long (blong@fiction.net)             [http://www.fiction.net/blong/]

  "The 'Christian Coalition' gives a bad name to both Christians and
         coalitions." -- Her Grace the Duchess, Bonni Hall