Re: [gtk-list] Menu Accelerators

>  Is there any way to bind an accelerator to show a submenu? I want
>  to be able to hit ^f or meta-f and have the file menu pop up, kinda
>  like m$-windows. I've been trying to work it into the gnome menu
>  thing, which is just an overlay for gtk's menu factory, but so far
>  nothing has worked :/

GnomeAppHelper already supports this.  When you want an underlined
accelerator key, just put a "_" before the letter you want
underlined.  So you would have the "_File" menu, the "Save _as..."
item, etc.

There is a small example of using GnomeAppHelper in the test-gnome
program (gnome-libs/test-gnome/testgnome.c).

  Federico