g_tree_traverse on an empty GTree

Hi,

I want to be able to run g_tree_traverse on a GTree that is empty
(but of course created, with g_tree_new). But line 167 in gtree.c
complains on this. It says:

g_return_if_fail (rtree->root != NULL);

I'd rather have it just:

if (!rtree->root)
  return;

Or is there something illogical with being able to do that? Otherwise,
I'll have to check myself if the tree is empty, and how do I do that
without using g_tree_nnodes (tree) ?

Thanks,

--
Simon Kågedal <simon@sdf.se> - Homepage: http://www.sdf.se/~simon/