Re: [gtk-list] Gtk--: Gtk_Text::set_point() and accel tables

Hi, all the set_point routine is designed to do is set the insertion
point of the next text to be inserted in the text widget, not actually
move the cursor there, unless you insert text or delete it at that point,
as you've already discovered. AFAIK GTK+ 1.0 didn't provide a way to move
the cursor to a specified point other than inserting a space and then
deleting it, which is how we get around the problem in gEdit. GTK 1.1,
however, does have a gtk_editable_set_position routine which should do
what you're looking for - I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with GTK-- to
say whether or not they have a wrapper for this function, and you do need
to remember that it's only in GTK 1.1, so it may just be easier to insert
a space and delete a space. Hope this helps.

--
Evan Lawrence