What's the best way to do a "combo box"?

What is the best way to get something like a MS-Windows "Combo box" in gtk?

My current attempt is using an OptionMenu, but there are two problems.  The
first (very minor) is that the label on the button is the current selection,
and I
would rather it always be a fixed label.  I can easily handle this with an
extra
label.

The other problem is that the menu does not scroll.  I have a menu that has
so many items that when displayed, it is about twice the hight of the
screen - and I seem to have no control over which part of the list actually
gets displayed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack