Re: [gtk-list] Re: To GTK, or not to GTK - that is the question

In a previous message, Chris.Bitmead@misys.com.au says:
> So the OSF widget set does not provide ..... ??

A reasonably simple method of widget positioning.  Tables and hbox/vbox
widtets in Gtk make this a much simpler task.

I didn't have much trouble with Motif.  Once you get used to it, its not
hard to manage.  But its bulky.  Gtk has, so far (for relatively simple
applications), been much easier to use.  It requires a bit less configuration
in the application code.

I still use Motif at work (re: the real world) because the application I
work on is *huge* and the original developers (in Korea) aren't likely to
switch to anything else at this time.  But I'm learning to appreciate Gtk
more and more as I use it in my own projects.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | Make it idiot proof and someone will make a