Re: [gtk-list] Re: How to try themes ?

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Gilad Rom wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 06:22:24PM +0000, Ronan BOURLIER wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > themes is one of the GTK feature I'd like to try.
> > For that I installed CVS, grabbed the glib and gtk+.
> > I compiled both of them without problems (excpet for
> > a slight trouble with autoconf).
> > But then where are themes ?
> > The theme directories are empty, from where do I fill them ?
> > I tried to find info about it, but nothing except very neat screenshots.
> >

> You need to checkout the themes-2 branch of GTK+ through CVS.
> use 'cvs -z9 checkout  -r themes-2 gtk+' to do that. The normal
> GTK+ distribution does not support themes, as these are still in beta.

Actually, if you are using the CVS version of GTK+ that is no longer the
case.  About a day or two ago, the themes-2 branch was merged with the
head GTK+ branch.  Checkout and compile GTK+ like normal and also
checkout and compile gtk-engines.  This needs to be changed in the
assorted FAQs and whatnot out there.

Regards,
Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

They looked at one another in incomprehension, two minds driving opposite
ways up a narrow street and waiting for the other man to reverse first.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)