Re: [gtk-list] Accelerator text in menuitem

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Tim Janik wrote:

:On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Manni Wood wrote:
:
:> Hi.
:>
:> I've been trying to find a way to get gtk+ 1.0.6 to show a non-alpha
:> accelerator in a menuitem.
:>
:> I'm using the Del key as a shortcut to nuke items from a top-level
:> clist, so I'd like the corresponding menuitem to say:
:>
:> Delete item    Del
:>
:> In the same way that I have
:>
:> New item       Ctrl+N
:>
:> I originally thought I may be able to realloc menuitem->accelerator_key,
:> but accelerator_key is just a gchar, not a gchar* as I'd originally
:> hoped.
:>
:> I also tried gtk_menu_item_new_with_label("Delete item    Del"),
:> but found that the resulting menuitems aligned like so:
:>
:> New item          Ctrl+N
:> Delete item    Del
:> Edit item         Ctrl+E
:>
:> The "Del" is not right justified as the "real" accelerators are.
:>
:> Does anyone know how I can directly manipulate the accelerator text of a
:> menuitem under gtk+ 1.0.6?
:
:you can't. the 1.0.x line simply doesn't support non-apha accelerators.
:the development branch uses a slightly different system for accelerator
:handling and supports all available keys.

What about version 1.1.3 ?
What's an non alpha accelerator?

Gert

: