Owen Taylor wrote:

> Todd Dukes <tdukes@ibmoto.com> writes:
> > leave
> > Gdk-Message:
> > ** ERROR **: sigbus caught
> > $
>
> Three guesses?
>
> Of course not.
>
>  - What are the details of your system? (I've had sigbuses
>    reported on Solaris before for DND)
>
>  - Can you run this under GDB and find what line it crashes
>    at and get a backtrace?
>
> Regards,
>                                         Owen
>
> --

Yep, I'm using Solaris 2.6 on a ultra 2.

I tried running is under ddd and gdb to get a trace back. Both times
the drag windows stops and the mouse pointer keeps going, but its locked
the mouse. System becomes unresponsive until I go to another machine to
kill testdnd. ( Do you know how to do virtual consoles on Solaris?)

I did notice that dragging over into an xterm did not cause a problem.
But
dragging into Xemacs or netscape caused the sigbus.

How hard is it to disable the Gdk-Message and have it create a core
file?

Todd
   | Todd Dukes                      E-MAIL:  tdukes@ibmoto.com |
   | Motorola Somerset                  Phone:   (512) 424-8008 |
   | MS OE70                                                    |
   | 6300 Bridgepoint Parkway Building #3                       |
   | Austin, Texas 78730                                        |