Re: please heeeeeeeelpp: gtk_window_position (.., GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER);

Adam Kopacz <adam.k@idnet.de> writes:

> hi,
>
> i search since some weeks a call for a GDK app (quick image viewer) that
> makes something like:
>   gtk_window_position  (GTK_WINDOW(window), GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER);
> without a showed window..
>
> in gdk this works fine:
>   gdk_window_move(win,(screen_x - org_w) / 2, (screen_y - org_h) / 2);
> but i must call
>   gdk_window_show(win);
> first, and this looks ugly becouse the user see a quick-jumping window :(

Well if you use a GtkWindow GTK+ can take care of getting things right
for you.

But, in this case, I believe you need to set the window manager hints
to indicate that the window manager should obey the requested position
- you would do this by calling gdk_window_set_hints().

Regards,
                                        Owen