g_list_data(GList *cell)

Is it just me?  Or are the data structure packages suspiciously
deficient in data accessor macro/functions?

I mean, I realize that they are trivial, but given the clarity and
completeness already present, shouldn't there be, for instance:

gpointer g_list_data (GList *cell)

and/or

#define g_list_data(c) ((GList *)c)->data

?

If they existed, (with suitable documentation), then I'd have no need
to read the source.  As is, reading the source seems to me like a
requirement for their usage.

--rich