Re: [gtk-list] can't resolve symbol '__register_frame_info' ???

At 12:10 AM 5/21/98 +0200, you wrote:
>dear who-ever-you-are,
>
>i recently downloaded gtk-1.0.2 (GIMP-Toolkit) and installed
>it on my Linux-box (SUsE-distribution, gcc-2.8.0, XFree86-3.3,
>libc-5.4.33)
>
>compilation and installation of the source-package worked fine,
>when i tried to compile some of the example programs that work fine
>as well ... however when i tried to execute any gtk-program
>i compiled without any complaining of the compiler
>i receive the message:
>
>'programname':   can't resolve symbol '__register_frame_info'
>
>anyone who knows, what that cryptic message means ???

My guess, make sure you have the line

        /usr/local/lib

(or wherever you installed gtk librarys to)
in /etc/ld/so/conf, and then make sure you run
'ldconfig' as root so that ld knows what shared
libraries exist.
Kevin Handy  kth@srv.net         Accounting Software for
Software Solutions. Inc.         VAX/VMS Computer Systems
Idaho Falls, Idaho