Event Box defect

Hello,

I'm new to gtk and am trying to learn how to use it.
I'm using gtk+1.0.2 and am having problems with the Event Box widget.

void do_something(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer goo)
{

	Stuff *booger = (Stuff *) goo;

	g_print("One: %d\n", booger->one);
	g_print("Two: %d\n", booger->two);
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
<< >>
	event_box = gtk_event_box_new();
	gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(event_box),
"enter_notify_event",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(do_something), &booger);
<< >>
}

I've found that in the callback, the gpointer goo is not a valid
pointer.  Is this a defect, or am I doing something wrong?  This works
if I change the wiget from an Event Box to a button.

Thank you,

Kevin Pearson
Hewlett-Packard Company
pearson@boi.hp.com