Re: [gtk-list] Re: Motif

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> probably do it programmatically using GC's).  There also seem to be 5
> element arrays for bg, fg, and other colors.  I thought this might be the 3
> RGB colors plus 1 alpha channel, but I don't know what the 5 element is for.

I think that these 5 element arrays are for the 5 different states,
NORMAL, ACTIVE, PRELIGHT, SELECTED, and INSENSITIVE (see the first entry
in gtkenums.h.)  Each of the states has a set of GCs to describe what the
widget is supposed to look like in that state.

This is how the buttons turn bright when you enter them with the mouse and
dark when they're depressed.  This is also how testgtk changes the colors
for the PRELIGHT state.
  Chris