Re: Motif

I ported MXaudio (http://www.xaudio.com/mxaudio) to GTK in a week or so,
including special widget coding. The result is gxaudio
(http://www.cybersoft.org/gxaudio), and I like it better than the old
Motif version. (I must say I did it in my free time, no for any work
related reason).

Basically, if you take your C Motif code, since GTK has about the same
concepts, you still have all your callbacks working about the same way,
so no surprise at all. Any other fancy stuff (timers, listening on a
pipe, ...) works the same.

I would say also than all the dialog problems you experience with Motif
(you never know when to Popup, Realize, ...) is gone with GTK: you just
show...
And then, compiling GTK on any platform is easy, so even on my Solaris
box, I prefer to use GTK than Motif, even if Motif is bundled with the
OS...

So go for it, do your port !!! :)

Alain.